Last night I finished up "Estuaries". What began as a loose, fun play with leftover paint from my last piece, "Badfish", morphed into a really distinctly abstract with a topographical bent.
Below is a photo of the piece in it's entirety, but I wanted to show some details (above) so that the textured, layered, and corralled flow can also be seen. This piece is larger, 24x36", and is surprisingly one of my favorites, if not favorite of this year so far. I won't be sad at all if it doesn't find a home aside from mine.
Here's the piece in it's entirety. The really cool thing is that it was made from leftover paint, so it would actually go quite nicely alongside the piece I finished up on Thursday. Here they are side-by-side:
I am thrilled with last week's completed works and hope that this abstract string of paintings continues. I have my kiddos to thank. I always feel their energy in the summertime and the creative process comes much easier in their company.
Stay tuned for another big one...I'm underpainting today and hope to have a layer or two of paint on by tomorrow afternoon...
Thank you for spending some of your Sunday with me!