Today the sun finally peeked out from the clouds...at least for three hours or so...long enough for my to see if the colors I'd been laying down were good or not. I did go in and change a few things, and added quite a bit to the composition. I'm hoping to have this piece done by tomorrow night, Friday at the latest.
I have a few photos charting my progress....It may not seem like much, but five hours is about the longest I go because my technique for acrylics necessitates the drying of paint layers before another round can be added.
I'm excited about the home stretch on this one.
In other news, I have two guys building a chicken high-rise outside right now. I've been wanting chickens for a long time and I can't wait to get them the first week in March and paint them! It was really a fun time designing the coop. It'll be cute, and will go with the house quite well, I think. I spent the last month designing and overseeing the bar I put in for my husband as a gift but since my carpenter didn't have another job lines up yet, I had he and his apprentice stay and build my chicken house. I'll post photos later in the spring when the chicks arrive!